6 Qualities/Details to Consider in a Property!
If you are a qualified, committed, and potential homebuyer, be careful and pay close attention to many details, but be sure to fully consider and examine the property, features, etc., as well as the home, before committing to purchase what you , for most, is their single greatest financial asset. There are many features to consider, but this article will briefly consider six of the main ones. After more than 15 years as a licensed real estate seller in New York State, I have found that few buyers are as prepared as they should be, and would be wise to pay much more attention to many aspects of ownership, home, stands – in! With that in mind, this article will attempt to briefly consider, examine, review, and discuss these six, and why they are essential and important considerations.
1. Property Size: Are you looking for a specific size property? In general, larger properties require more maintenance and expense to keep up. How would you like to balance your needs, wants, reality, costs, expenses, privacy and other considerations, and the specific size of this particular property, down to your preferences, etc.?
2. Tree – full, versus open: How much of your lot is usable and how much is not? Different areas have specific regulations regarding protecting trees (rather than felling them). How would this affect your desired enjoyment of the land?
3. Floor: Is it hilly, flat, or something in between? How this land, affects the use and the possibilities, must be considered from the beginning! Does the tar in the ground prevent water from flowing out or into the house? Obviously the issues related to sprawl etc. are simpler and less expensive when the property is flatter.
4. Distance from neighbors: Some prioritize personal privacy and therefore must view the properties, which are a significant difference, from their neighbors, while others care much less about it! Is there a significant distance to ensure privacy or some type of barrier (such as bushes, etc.)?
5. Front/ Side – Patio/ Back: In many communities, curb appeal is an important factor/consideration in terms of real estate taxes. What balance are you looking for, between, facade, front yard, setback, from the street, usable side yard, and back (behind the house? Since we are all different, with different tastes, needs, and requirements, make sure that the design of the property fits your needs and personality, etc.
6. Soil condition: Assess the condition of the property grounds! How much will it cost you to bring it wherever you want? Will landscaping renovations be urgently needed, expensive or basic? What is the general condition and what might require immediate attention?
Before buying a house, pay attention to the property in general and whether it fits your needs, requirements, specifications and will bring you pleasure. The better prepared a buyer is, the more they will enjoy their new home!