7 important questions to ask before buying a spiral vegetable slicer!
It is comparatively much easier to choose between, say, two alternatives than it is to choose from a barrage of options. You might identify better with what I’m saying if you have a giant closet full of clothes of different designs or a store filled to the brim with food items.
The recent proliferation of spiral vegetable slicers has made it difficult to choose the best vegetable slicer for the kitchen. The intent of the manufacturers was never to confuse or make anyone’s decision difficult, but rather to make products available to suit the tastes and needs of consumers. Therefore, it is imperative that you determine which one would work best for you.
These simple and important questions can help you determine which vegetable spiralizer to buy. Before making your choice, consider the following questions:
1. Does the vegetable spiralizer do exactly what I need? Some consumers may prefer to make zoodles and fruit pastes with their vegetables and fruit, thus preferring a vegetable slicer that spirals and curls to one that makes rings and strands. The style of slices a vegetable slicer makes depends on the type of blades it comes with. You should find out about them before making your purchase.
2. What material is it made of, will it stand the test of time? Some slicers are made from steel and some from durable plastic. This is where you would need a lot of user feedback. If a cutter does not live long, many customers will definitely leave a comment about it. You should review both the good and the bad reviews before making your choice.
3. How much does it sell for? This is a very important question to ask. However, price should not be considered in isolation. It should be considered in relation to the value the product offers, how long it lasts and how well it can pay for itself, etc. So at the end of the day, you’re not really looking at the price per se, you’re looking at the value of the spiral slicer.
4. How easy is it to clean/wash? You should also keep this in mind. Many users have complained of getting cuts when trying to clean their vegetable spiralizers. Some slicers come with brushes for cleaning. Some are cleverly designed to protect their wearers from cuts. You may also consider purchasing a steel mesh glove to protect against cuts while using your cutter.
5. How sharp are the blades? Blades must be sharp enough to cut easily, must be made of stainless steel, and must not corrode easily.
6. In addition to getting information about the product, you may also want to get information about the manufacturers. Who are the manufacturers? They need to be a respectable organization. German manufacturers seem to have become market darlings due to the quality of craftsmanship that goes into producing their steel blades.
7. Last but not least on the list: does the vegetable spiralizer come with a warranty? A manufacturer who is convinced of the quality and durability of his product will definitely attach a warranty note of at least one year to the product. So, insist on the guarantee; It connotes quality!
Alright, armed with these questions and others you can think of, you should be able to get the best deal. All the best in your purchase.