7 year tribulation
As you will see from the Scripture verses listed below, the Great Tribulation will last 7 years. At the midpoint of the Tribulation, the Antichrist will sit in the Temple of God who will have to rebuild the Jewish people. God will be proclaimed. This event is called the abomination of desolation by the prophet Daniel. Jesus himself refers specifically to this event in the New Testament.
Jesus says that once this event occurs, his people will literally run into the hills. Jesus says that the last three and a half years of the Tribulation triggered by the abomination of desolation will be the worst tribulation and time of trouble the world has ever seen. It says that if God the Father had not shortened these days, no flesh would be saved..
I feel like Jesus is hinting that man probably would have destroyed the earth at or shortly after the Battle of Armageddon. The Antichrist begins to lose control of his empire. Other nations oppose him in the battle of Armageddon. With the availability of nuclear weapons, I think the Antichrist may have been willing to “push the button” if he thought he was going to lose his empire. If you press the button, the other nations you are going to fight are likely to be ready as well.
to push the button, and thus it could end in a full-scale nuclear war.
You have already seen how ego-manic this man is going to be from the description of his personality in the previous verses. With him under the influence and control of Satan, I think the most logical conclusion is that both he and Satan would be more than willing to push the nuclear button if they thought they cannot retain control of their built empire.
I really feel this is what Jesus meant when He said that no flesh would be saved if God had not shortened these days at the end of this Tribulation. Here are the key verses of Scripture on the 7-year Tribulation.
1. This first verse of Daniel shows that the 7-year Tribulation is initially established by the Antichrist confirming a covenant with Israel and then in the middle of the covenant he will establish the abomination of desolation.
“Then he will confirm a covenant with many for a week; but in the middle of the week he will put an end to the sacrifices and offerings. And on the wing of the abomination there will be a desolate, until the consummation, which is decided, is poured out on the desolate. ” (Daniel 9:27)
A week has been determined to be a year. How do you know that? Because in the middle of the week, the Antichrist establishes the abomination of desolation. And we already know that once the abomination of desolation is established, it will be 42 months or three and a half years before the end. So that tells us that one week equals 7 years. This is how you know that the Tribulation is for a period of 7 years.
2. The next verse from Daniel specifically tells you that once the animal sacrifice is taken away from the Jews and the abomination of desolation is established, there will be 1290 days until the end! 1290 is three and a half years and 13 days.
“And from the time that the continual sacrifice is removed and the abomination of desolation is established, there will be one thousand two hundred and ninety days (1290). Blessed is he who waits and arrives at one thousand three hundred and thirty-five days (1335)”. (Daniel 12: 11-12)
Notice in the first part of the verse above that it says “the continual sacrifice is taken away.” This refers to the fact that when the Jewish people rebuild their Temple, they will once again re-establish the practice of animal sacrifice as it did in the Old Testament.
The Antichrist will allow this to continue for a time, but when he is about to sit in the Temple of God in the abomination of desolation, he will take this privilege away from the Jewish people! This verse gives you two key pieces to let you know when we are in the middle of the Tribulation: the removal of animal sacrifices and the Antichrist sitting in the Temple proclaiming himself as God.
At that time, we have 42 months or, as Daniel says earlier, 1290 days, which is three and a half years plus 13 days. However, the last sentence refers to people who go a little longer: 1335 days. This may be referring to when Jesus descends and destroys the armies that have come against Jerusalem in the battle of Armageddon, the period of time for the Jews to return to their homes as many of them will have been in hiding for the last three years. Years and a half.
3. Here is another verse worth repeating under this heading, showing once again that the persecution of God’s Jews and saints will only last three and a half years.
“He will speak pompous words against the Most High, he will persecute the saints of the Most High, and he will intend to change times and law. Then the saints will be delivered into his hand for a time, times and half a time.” (Daniel 7:25)
At the moment = 1 year. Times = 2 years. Half time = half a year. The total is three and a half years.
4. Here is another verse that shows that the Antichrist will have a period of 42 months to continue his carnage. This verse uses the unit of time of 42 months, which is again three and a half years.
“And he was given a mouth that spoke great things and blasphemies, and he was given authority to continue for forty-two months.” (Revelation 13: 5)
5. Here is the verse from Jesus that tells everyone to “run for the mountains” once the abomination of desolation occurs with the Antichrist. This is where Jesus also tells us that this Tribulation will be the worst of times in all of human history.
“Therefore, when you see the ‘abomination of desolation’ of which the prophet Daniel spoke, which is in the holy place, those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. He who is on the roof, do not go down to take anything from the land . your home. And whoever is in the field does not return to look for his clothes. But woe to those who are pregnant and the babies who are breastfeeding in those days! And pray that their escape is not in winter or on Saturday Because then there will be a great tribulation such as has not existed from the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor will there ever be. And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but because of the elect those days it will be shortened. ” (Matthew 24: 15-22)
6. And here is the final verse that shows the carnage that will result from the Tribulation. The next verse says that two-thirds of the Jewish people will be killed by the Antichrist. This is going to be worse than the German holocaust !!!! I think in one of the books I read, two-thirds of the Jewish people will equal 9.3 million Jews killed by this man. This will exceed the 6 million Jews who were killed in the German Holocaust. However, this verse does not tell us how many of the Christians will be killed by the Antichrist.
“And it will happen in all the earth,” says the Lord, “THAT TWO THIRD PARTIES WILL BE CUT OFF AND DIE. BUT A THIRD WILL BE LEFT IN HIM: I will make the third pass through fire. I will refine them as silver is refined, and I will test them. as gold is tested. They will call on my name, and I will answer them. I will say, “This is my people,” and each one will say, “The Lord is my God.” “(Zechariah 13: 8-9)
The end of the Great Tribulation will now lead to the Battle of Armageddon, which will be the last and last battle before Jesus returns the second time to end the Antichrist, the False Prophet, Satan and all the other nations that are coming against Israel. in this final battle.