Keep your blog stocked with fresh posts
Having started a few blogs and finished soon after, I’m living proof that it’s easy to start a blog, but hard to maintain once the charm wears off. Posting to one or more blogs soon becomes a chore rather than a joy. The blog author loses interest and his blog literally dies on the vine.
This doesn’t have to happen!
Here are ways to keep that love for your blog(s) alive:
– Point out possible topics for the next day’s publication or publications. You’ll save time while maintaining your blog and “refresh” your enthusiasm at the same time.
– Try to keep a certain post focused. That is, don’t start by saying one thing and then ramble off topic with a few unrelated statements. Those statements will make the post seem inconsistent and confuse your readers.
– Read as widely as possible. Take a look at some of the news magazines and try to find a connection between your blog topic and the latest news and developments. Also, consider expanding that range to include websites and magazines specific to your field or interest.
– See your blog from the perspective of your audience. What does your blog title suggest or imply to that audience and why? Is there a chance that the audience will misunderstand the title? Also, what’s in the blog for your audience, like new insights and information? The answers to these questions can lead to one or more interesting posts!
– Go back to the original reason or reasons why you started this blog. Did you intend to solve problems? Give your audience a reason to laugh or cry? Does it give your audience a unique “take” on some aspect of a different topic?
– Consider adding things to enhance your blog, such as counters, polls, drawings, photos, games. Not only will you be more likely to attract and keep an audience, but you’ll be more excited about it.
– Read other blogs for ideas and inspiration. Remember that these blogs do not have to be related to yours. Sometimes making a connection between the ideas on that blog and your own leads to interesting posts.
– Promise your readers a bit of information in one day’s post and deliver it in the next day’s post.
– Make blogging a habit, a part of your daily routine. Doing it at first is the hard part, but it gets easier as you continue to post daily, weekly, and monthly.
Here is your successful and profitable blog or blogs!