Nordic Track CX 1055 elliptical review
The Nordic Track CX 1055 Elliptical Trainer is Nordic Tracks’ top of the line elliptical trainer. Nordic Track is part of Icon, the world’s largest fitness manufacturer. The key feature of the CX 1055 is the ability to change the incline or incline of the stride, which effectively changes the shape of the stride. This really makes the elliptical exerciser a true elliptical exerciser.
The relatively new technology is proprietary and patented by Procor. Icon is licensing it for the Nordic Track CX 1055 elliptical cross trainer. Icon is known for its expertise in fitness equipment marketing and incorporating new technology into its line of elliptical trainers is typical of its corporate strategy.
We searched our local area for a Nordic Track CX 1055 to test for our review. We were only able to find 3 of these elliptical trainers within travel distance. After considerable effort, we finally found a Nordic Track CX 1055 owner who allowed us to use his elliptical bike for testing. We found out right away that one of our testers couldn’t use the elliptical. Our weightlifter and martial artist weighs 280 pounds and the weight limit for the Nordic Track CX 1055 is 250 pounds.
The remaining three testers each used the CX 1055 elliptical exerciser for 5 days. It immediately became apparent that the power tilt is a very good feature. The owner stated that this feature was the main reason for purchasing this unit. You can easily target several different muscle groups during a 30 minute workout. The unit owner has had a warranty issue that remains unresolved regarding the console. Occasionally the electronics would shut down for no apparent reason.
The Nordic Track CX 1055 elliptical exerciser has several good features that you will want to consider when purchasing an elliptical exerciser. These include
- On-the-fly power incline changes that allow you to target more muscle groups.
- Bright screen console
- Relatively quiet magnetic resistance
- A total of 19 fitness routines
- IFite compatibility providing additional fitness information and programs.
- One-year warranty instead of the standard 90-day parts and labor.
- At $ 999.00 it is a relatively low price.
- MyDesign allows you to design your own training program.
Elliptical trainer buyers will also want to consider some of the features that we find negative about the Nordic Track CX 1055 elliptical trainer. These include.
- Poor quality of components.
- Less than average reliability
- The 250 pound weight limitation prevents many overweight people from using this elliptical trainer.
- The elliptical trainer gets a lot of load during intensive workouts’
- Flimsy plastic parts that shake during workouts.
- Cardio grip was fickle for one tester but not another.
- The 18-inch Stride may be too short for some users when the electric tilt is in use.
We think the Nordic Track CX 1055 is probably a good buy for casual home use. You certainly get a lot of great features at a good price. However, considering it is a product of the Icon company, the reliability of this elliptical trainer is in doubt. Tea Nordic Track CX 1055 elliptical bike has a one-year parts and labor warranty. However, we always suggest that you purchase an extended warranty when purchasing any fitness equipment.