Tips for a healthy diet
Here are some healthy diet tips to help you lose weight, stay fit, and live longer:
- Drink enough water. One cup of water for every waking hour during the day would be optimal for healthy weight loss.
- Never eat until you are very full. Rather, you should stop eating when you are satisfied. In this way, you can ensure that your body can fully digest the food you have eaten and not end up with any excess leftovers to store as fat. And equally important; Do no go to the other extreme by starving. Hunger will backfire and will only sabotage your diet plan, not to mention that hunger causes your metabolism to slow down, effectively counteracting the effectiveness of eating less to begin with.
- Stop eating at least 3 hours before going to bed at night. Ideally, you should go to bed just as your body has finished digesting all the food in your stomach, but just before you start to feel hungry again. This way, you can spend the next few hours resting without your body having to process food while you sleep, which, since you’re not really expending energy overnight, will end up simply being stored as fat.
- Get enough sleep at night. Studies show that there is a correlation between obesity and lack of sleep. This is not only because your body feels more stress during the day, forcing you to eat more, but your body needs time to sleep to properly and completely metabolize and eliminate calories.
- Add at least 5 servings of fruits and / or vegetables to your diet every day. Alternatively, you would like to consume at least 25 grams of fiber if you are a woman and 38 grams of fiber if you are a man, each day. Fruits and vegetables happen to be good sources of fiber, but other foods like nuts and whole foods also contain fiber. Fiber is essential to cleanse your digestive system and aid in the digestive process. Not only that, but fiber makes you feel full faster and therefore has a positive impact on preventing you from overeating.
Just by adopting these five simple healthy diet tips, you will experience safer, more satisfying and sustainable weight loss that will last a lifetime.